At Ask the Egghead, you are part of a global, diverse and talented group of colleagues. You have opportunities to innovate and collaborate in a leading organization that impacts individuals and businesses.
Content Writer – Full-Time
Summary of Role
Write engaging, compelling long-form content that fulfills the requirements of the target audience. Provide well-researched written content through a variety of mediums, translating technical content into well-understood information utilizing our organizational tone of voice and writing style.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Write engaging, informative long-form content to attract an audience, engage their sustained attention, and demonstrate the Association’s ability to solve their problem
- Write various long-form content such as: blogs; articles; annual report; video scripts with running time 10+ minutes; case studies; brochures; interviews; interactive content; thought leadership papers; magazine articles; bylined articles, newsletters; etc.
- Pay attention to search engine optimization (SEO) and keywords to reach a target audience and attract new readers; drive organic traffic
- Write content to meet requirements of the content brief?, applying brand and technical expertise to expert stakeholders and lay audiences
- Investigate aspects of brief and develop follow-up questions/requirements/input/feedback for successful output
- Utilize the Association style of writing to create easily understood pieces of written information
- Research content topics as needed
- Brainstorm concepts and translate to on-brand content
- Work closely with editing colleagues and freelancers to ensure no disruption of writing and editing process ?
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Knowledge of search engine optimization and keywords
- Adherence to and accurate application of style guide
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines on a consistent basis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Hands-on experience with business or financial long-form writing, including experience in an agency or in-house creative department
- Experience in reviewing copy, presenting concepts and negotiating stakeholder feedback
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex technical and business subjects into engaging, understandable pieces
- Experience with writing across a variety of channels, in both print and digital formats
- Understanding of SEO tools and principles
Required Experience, Qualifications & Education
- 3-5 years of experience in developing long-form content for a variety of marketing channels
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, English, Journalism, Marketing, Business or related field
- Experience developing content within the accounting and/or finance industry
- Journalism experience and experience in high-volume, fast-to-market writing environments
WordPress Web Developer – Full-Time
The Delivery Solutions, Content and Operations Team, part of the Digital Transformation & Digital Strategy department in Ask the Egghead, is responsible for development activities and operational support of the company’s instance of a vendor-hosted WordPress CMS platform. In addition, the team builds and maintains multiple websites that are specific to certain customer-centric Egghead programs and products. We are looking for a web developer to join a team of dedicated people who pride themselves on teamwork, collaboration, and building quality WordPress focussed web-based solutions.
The role is responsible for designing, developing, testing, publishing and maintaining WordPress web pages and websites, including layout to functionality, according to stakeholder specifications and organizational standards. We strive to create visually appealing sites that feature modern user-friendly design, clear navigation, exciting content, and follow the latest accessibility guidelines. Duties include communicating with internal stakeholders to determine their needs and design preferences, coding the solution, and running tests to ensure functionality meets their approval. Team members are also expected to provide consulting services and guidance pertaining to best practices for webpage design and development.
- Design, build and maintain web pages and websites following an informal SDLC process. Developers should always keep in mind scalability and maintainability in their choices.
- Workload will include management of a queue of support tickets, ownership of a list of small maintenance requests, and assignment to a few small-to-medium sized projects. Candidate must be self-directed as they will be responsible for their own work queue.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, including in technical solutions, streamlining processes, application automation and performance optimization.
- This role will also provide some operational support and require troubleshooting issues so strong analytical and problem-solving skills are a must!
- You will interact regularly with internal business stakeholders from all organizational levels and with varying technical backgrounds.
- This job requires 3 to 5 years of hands-on development experience including understanding business requirements and turning them into user-friendly web pages or applications.
- The position also requires strong verbal and written communication skills in order to collaborate with colleagues, both co-located and remote.
- Candidates must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and accessibility standards.
- Experience with multimedia content development (such as videos, graphics and EPUB files), and optimization for the web and for mobile devices.
- In-depth experience with content management systems (CMS) including WordPress and Eloqua.
- Experience in the academic publishing industry, and specifically with sales and marketing, would be a plus but is not required.
- Functional knowledge or hands-on design experience with SQL, APIs and web services (REST, SOAP, etc.) is a bonus.
HTML /CSS Coding Intern – Part-Time
Web Developer (Intern/Apprentice) to be responsible for the coding, innovative design and layout of our website. Web developer Intern responsibilities include building websites from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up, fashioning everything from the home page to site layout and function.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsibile for maintaining, expanding, and scaling sites
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intentSkills
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Basic knowledge of the WordPress CMS
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- BS in computer science or a related field
Why Work for Us?
At Ask the Egghead, you are part of a global, diverse and talented group of colleagues. You have opportunities to innovate and collaborate in a leading organization that impacts individuals and businesses. You’ll have opportunities to progress while enjoying an exciting work environment that supports and celebrates individual achievement, development and professional satisfaction.
We offer competitive benefits, PTO, flexible working principles, and a supportive, collaborative team.
View our open positions page on Indeed.com.
Let’s Work Together
An Egghead will help you develop ideas and projects, transform your organization, and grow your business. Contact us today to get started.